Offers a comprehensive set of services and uses the latest equipment from GE. The packages are also priced competitively.
Protect America has received a lot of complaints from customers due to poor phone support from the company’s representatives.
The Bottom Line
Protect America has a wide range of home security services that can meet the needs of different home owners. One possible downside is that it is difficult to change or cancel the contract once it is signed.
Founded in 2001, Protect America has its headquarters in Round Rock, Texas. The company provides home security systems in all 50 states and it currently has a base of about half a million users. It offers a wide variety of monitoring services such as broadband monitoring, phone line monitoring, and cellular monitoring. Protect America’s alarm systems are manufactured by General Electric (GE).
Protect America GE alarms with the Simon XT technology which makes it easy for users to set it up themselves. The system is designed for a “plug and play” setup. The company will ship the alarm package to the home owner and it shouldn’t take more than an hour to install the alarms.
Protect America has low upfront costs. The monthly fee ranges from $29.99 to $41.99.
There are various packages that will suit a variety of requirements. These packages are the following:
- Copper Package – includes 3 door and window sensors, and 1 motion detector
- Bronze Package – includes 7 door and window sensors, and 1 motion detector
- Silver Package – includes 10 door and window sensors, and 1 motion detector
- Gold Package – includes 12 door and window sensors, and 1 motion detector
- Platinum Package – includes 15 door and window sensors, and 1 motion detector
Protect America has the latest sensors from GE. Some of the technologies it is capable of supporting include the following:
- Recessed door sensor
- Traditional door and window sensors
- Motion sensors
- Glass break detectors
- Smoke/heat detectors
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Garage door detectors
- Panic pendant
- Keychain remote
- TouchPad keypad
- Wireless touchpad
Protect America allows customers to choose from three different monitoring services. These include the following:
- Phone line monitoring – this alarm monitoring service is a good option for those who have poor cellular reception in their area and/or do not have high speed internet. This is the cheapest monitoring service from the company and it is priced at $29.99.
- Broadband monitoring – offers comprehensive monitoring service with remote access. The monitoring station will be alerted within two seconds if the alarm goes off in your home. It hooks through the router so no phone line is necessary. The monthly fee for this service is $37.99.
- Cellular monitoring – this is the most advanced monitoring service in the market today. Cellular monitoring is highly reliable and intruders cannot disable your alarm easily. It also comes with remote access and a smartphone app. The monitoring fee is set at $41.99.