It Was Then, This is Now
Securing your home used to be pretty simple. A few modest precautions (extra locks, closing windows when going out) along with a good dose of old-fashioned, common sense was enough. Today, affordable home security is a significant consideration for homeowners, but is often lost in the complications of modern life. Plain and simple, home security is easy to forget, until the awful day when you become a statistic. And yet many people think installing a system sufficient to meet the challenges of modern villains will be too expensive.
Everyone considering a security system will have their own set of requirements. A good system has to fill the unique needs of each homeowner. One of the most frequently asked questions is “What is the most affordable home security system?”
Fortunately for us – and unfortunately for the crooks – security companies have never stopped developing. Today the hi-tech, well-organized systems offered by the top companies, make affordable home security accessible to all homeowners.
It’s a big difference from the meagre choices available to our parents and grandparents. Automated security systems only came into existence in the 1940s as a response to the lack of man/woman power caused by WWII. It wasn’t until the 70s and 80s and the development of computers that modern monitoring became available.
Best Home Security – Points to Consider
- There are many options available for discerning customer at different price points. We all want the biggest-bang-for-our-buck but getting the best system you can comfortably afford also makes good sense.
- Spend some time researching the companies offering security systems in your area. As a homeowner, the best home security is the one that’s best for you. Many companies have various marketing plans and itemized below are some of the options you may want to consider:
- Some companies offer extras as incentives for signing up.
- Inexpensive monthly monitoring is available.
- Avoid installation fees by using a DIY system.
- Some affordable home security systems have a low upfront cost and reasonable monthly fees, ask about the choices available.
- Then again there are other companies offering diverse equipment packages with minimal or no upfront costs.
- Inquire about wireless systems that allow remote access using internet or cellular technology. This is where your smartphone comes in.
- In this current economic climate, it doesn’t hurt to ask for a discount. From time to time, companies run specials or equal a competitor’s deal.
- Don’t forget to tell the company to lock in the monthly monitoring rate and avoid nasty surprises on down the road.
- And finally, the company that offers a 30-day money-back guarantee effectively allows homeowners to trial their system, risk-free.
It’s Getting Better all the Time.
There was a time when an ordinary, no-frills DVD player would set you back a few hundreds $$$s. Like most new technology, improvements and advances over time made DVDs cheaper as they became more developed. It’s this same principle that has led to the rise of affordable home security systems. For a low monthly monitoring fee you can have access to the best security systems the market has to offer and you can tailor-make your system to fit your family
Security Systems Offer Effective Solutions
The best type of affordable home security is the type that works. But if you’re still feeling ambivalent about home security systems, here are three important points to consider:
- FBI research shows that an alarm system means your home is three times less attractive to burglars.
- By the 2020 it is estimated that a third of American households will have security systems that are professional monitored.
- Consumer Reports National Research Center has found that nearly 80 percent of homeowners with security systems rated them a potent safety measure.
Merely adequate security is a thing of the past as affordable home security just gets better and better. So as you shop around for the most affordable home security, keep in mind that general home security systems have a pretty impressive track record that’s getting better all the time.